Thursday, June 23, 2016

June's Inside the Theme


I can't promise I will do this #Insidethetheme thing every month, but while I wait for my newest Family and Disney-venture to start (tomorrow! aahh!) I thought I'd give it another go since it's a fun way to let you know a little bit more about myself and connect to other members of the Iggle community ;)

This month's theme was all about crafts which was totally in sync with the creative energies at work in my life and it provided new ideas for me to try out! How perfect is that?! So without further ado here are my answers for the month.




1)What is your favorite type of craft, and why is it so amazing?
I'm such a restless spirit that, true to my hummingbird tendencies of trying out all the pretty flowers, I like or would like to try all the crafts that do not involve sewing/knitting or cooking. But I probably do tend to favor paper ones like scrapbooking, ATC's, DIY stationary, etc. Although, don't leave me alone at a Michael's 'cause I will want to take up EVERY craft as my new hobby!

2)What would your preferred weapon in the Craftamageddon be?
I would like to go with paper and micron pens but that could fall into the Fine Arts realm so if we're being strict about just crafts then probably washi tape! You can washi everything to make it better :)

3)Where on a scale from “Look At This Pair Of Shoes I Just Made” to “What Do You Mean You Own A Pair Of Scissors?” do you consider yourself? Do you have any funny craftastrophe stories?
I usually create more art than crafts but sometimes the line between these two is so blurry, and like I say I like to try all the crafts haha, so I guess I'm closer to the Shoe making side of the scale, as long as I don't really have to make shoes! LOL
My creative process is in itself a "Craftastrophe" hahaha, I'm constantly covered in glitter, glue and paint and manage to cut myself more than the paper :P So I can't recall a particularly funny story, I do find my attempts at creating a cup on the pottery wheel laughable if that counts...
                          






4)3 Things You Would Bring To A Deserted Island, Craftamageddon style! (Because why wouldn’t you bring a glue gun and washi tape as opposed to survival necessities and loved ones?)
Only three? Hmm.. ok a giant pack of multicolor paper (that counts as one right?) Scissors and... WASHI tape!!

5)Show us a DIY project you are (sort of mildly) proud of
Ok so I showed you my most recent new crafts for this month on my previous post and I'm sort of mildly proud of them hehe, but I'm sharing these others from the past month I really liked, hope you like them too <3


Paper "Feather Smudging fan" for my Native American class

Glass bottle I stained for a friend






















Angel silk scarf I painted for my mom


Aaannndd, that's it for this month! Hoped you all liked my little ramblings for June. 

Love, Light and Laughter to all of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment